Here is the complete excerpt of what are the 7 different ways you can engage with your audience on Facebook & Instagram.
Keeping it real
- Facebook and Instagram are all about community. Your fans and followers are looking for a connection and are more likely to engage with a post that feels personal rather than something that's over-produced or obviously not created by you.
- Be conversational and authentic in your captions and get creative when you have something to promote.
- Share exclusive content that fans can't see from anyone else, such as behind-the-scenes photos and videos.
Frequency and creativity
- Consistent posting is key. Don't be afraid to post daily. As long as you stay fresh and authentic, fans will be excited to follow the journey.
- Get creative. Post a variety of content to maximise your reach. Your audience won't all have the same preference of content that they'd like to see. Some will like video, some will like photos and others may like stories.
- Make it fun by using creative tools such as Boomerang, face filters, stickers, drawing tools and more to share your highlights and everything in between.
You and your fans
- Acknowledging a comment may earn you a lifelong fan. Take a moment to like a comment or respond with a few words.
- If you go live on Facebook or Instagram, dedicate time to do a Q&A with your live viewers.
- Use your insights. Insights on Facebook and Instagram will enable you to see who your audience is and which posts resonate with them most.
- The most engaging Facebook and Instagram stories are made in the moment and use a combination of videos, photos and other creative tools.
- Unless you choose to keep them, stories disappear after 24 hours, so don't be afraid to show real, unglamourised moments.
- Stories can be added to both Instagram and Facebook at the same time. You can adjust your settings to have your Instagram stories automatically shared to Facebook every time, or you can choose to share individual stories when you create them.
- Stuck for ideas? Kickstart your stories with something that you do every day, e.g. your morning routine, your favourite meal of the day, sharing the book that you're reading. You may think that it's boring, but fans love seeing a personal side in between big project moments.
- More video is being watched on Facebook and Instagram than ever before, especially on mobile phones.
- Create videos that let fans feel like they're there with you, and provide context. Add a description that lets viewers know what they're watching and why it's interesting.
- Don't forget to pick a good cover frame/thumbnail before posting.
- Go live on Facebook or Instagram Stories to make an announcement, share something new or just hang out with your fans. Try not to overthink it.
- A strong Wi-Fi connection is important.
- Take some time to reward fans by answering their questions.
- Bonus: Your followers can receive notifications when you go live so they'll be able to tune in straight away.
- Make sure that you turn on two-factor authentication to help prevent hacking.
- Turn on comment filters to prevent trolls from harassing you in comments. Turn on the standard filter or customise the filter with specific words, phrases or emoji.
Locations and hashtags
- More than 150 million people visit the Instagram Explore tab every day. Increase the likelihood that your content will surface here by using hashtags to make your content more discoverable. But don't go overboard; simply choose the most relevant tags for your posts.
- Use location tags and hashtags to connect with a moment or place, and encourage fans to use them at your shows, events and more.
- Tag other Pages and accounts when relevant to make the post eligible to appear in more feeds.